Friday, July 9, 2010

Baked Blackberry Brie

I love cheese! Almost any kind, but some of my favorites are Gouda, Boursin, Winsleydale with Cranberries, Javarti with dill, Gruyere and Brie. My favorite way to eat Brie is Baked with a jelly served on apples, we had this at my wedding I love it so much.
Grocery List:
Puff Pastry found in the frozen section
1 small Brie wheel
Any jelly you like

Use a knife or cheese cutter to cut the rind off the brie, I put my brie in the freezer for about an hour or two so that it wasn't so squishy as I tried to cut it off

Thaw out a sheet of puff pastry and lay it out. Put about 1/2 cup of jam in the middle and put the Brie on top of the jam

Fold the edges up and around, grease a cookie sheet, places the folded side down on the baking sheet, brush the crust with egg white or cream and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until golden brown


Delicious, enjoy on apples, crackers, or just plain!

1 comment: