Saturday, August 21, 2010

More Cupcakes!



So I have played around with frosting a lot lately and this is my favorite base:
2 sticks butter
80z cream cheese
1 lb Powdered sugar
Any flavoring you like.
For peanut butter I added 1/2 cup peanut butter and took out 1 stick of butter, then added powdered sugar until it was a nice thick consistency.
For the Pink Lemonade frosting I added pink lemonade crystal light until is was deliciously tart and sweet.
For Coconut I just added coconut flavoring, it always turns out delicious, just make sure to cream the butter and cream cheese till it is smooth before adding the powdered sugar.

To decorate I used fondant flowers and sprinkles, but discovered that rolled out starbursts are a nice substitute if you don't want to make a big batch of fondant. However I don't think you can use starbursts for the babies face :)

For the binkies I melted down some lifesavers on parchment paper (spray the paper with cooking spray) in the oven on 350 for about 5 minutes until it was spread out thin, I took it out of the oven, and while it is still hot I used the big round end of frosting tips to cut the circles and quickly add a lifesaver to the melted candy and let cool.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant!! They're so cute!! You did a great job, Linds. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute Lindsey. We got to taste your cupcakes with Andrew and Liz and they were amazing. Dustin can't stop talking about them :) Can't wait to try them. I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete